EDMONTON — The Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association Conference and AGM will be held this year at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, from April 14-16 and will celebrate the association's Centennial year. The event will kick off on April 13 with a Speakeasy — or reunion of AHLA members past and present — hosted by Best Western. AHLA president and CEO Dave Kaiser says it will be the last conference of its kind for the association.
Here are 10 reasons to attend:
1. Do you ever feel like everything is on fire? Former Fort McMurray Fire Chief Darby Allen is going to share his remarkable story about what it takes to really lead your team when everything is on fire.
2. Do you have an employee that you don’t know how to deal with? Bad For Business: How Employers Deal with Problem Employees will offer insight on how to deal with problem employees including those who may not be following workplace policies.
3. Cannabis is here but what does it actually do? Ife Abiola will clear the air on cannabis, its effects and applications, and its various products and uses. Dr. Abiola will help you understand the effects of cannabis, how it is consumed, and how it can affect your staff and guests.
4. You’re planning to make some changes, and want to check out the latest in furniture, fixtures, linens, and supplies at the Trade Show.
5. It’s the AHLA’s Centennial – celebrate the past 100 years of Alberta’s hospitality industry. Best Western Hotels and Resorts welcomes all AHLA members to its Centennial Lounge throughout the convention.
6. You’d like to talk with other hotel owners and managers to hear how they are dealing with the same challenges you are.
7. Find out how many more hotels are going to be built at this year’s Alberta Accommodation Outlook.
8. This Convention will be the last of its kind! We have some exciting changes planned for 2020 and you won’t want to miss this opportunity to learn, and celebrate with your industry colleagues.
9. Hotels have nominated their best employees for the Gold Key Award, and the AHLA is going to recognize them on April 16 for their contribution to Alberta’s tourism industry.
10. Albertans will elect a new government soon– find out what is going on behind the scenes, and what political parties will be doing to get your vote.
11.If you need employees, Destination Employment can help.