Here are the results of a recent Hotels.com loyalty poll that shows Canadian are overwhelmingly loyal.
- Most Canadians (73 per cent) are conservative in the number of loyalty programs they join, committing to five or less.
- The perks offered through loyalty programs were the primary draw for signups at 67 per cent.
- The favourite perk was free products/services at 75 per cent with exclusive promotions trailing a distant second at 16 per cent.
- Grocery and drugstore chains had the highest brand loyalty at 58 per cent, followed by travel services (airlines or hotels) at 15 per cent.
- Regardless of the program, most Canadians (63 per cent) are not willing pay higher prices for goods or services in exchange for brand loyalty program benefits.
- When it comes to travel, airline programs dominated with 52 per cent of Canadians belonging to an air travel program, followed by hotel chains at 31 per cent.
- 17 per cent of Canadians indicated they are members of an online travel loyalty program.