TORONTO — In light of the Toronto Raptors making NBA Championship finals for the first time in franchise history to play against the Golden State Warriors, Toronto's Kimpton Saint George Hotel (the first Kimpton in Toronto, and only one in Canada) has challenged their Kimpton family in San Francisco (where company originates) to a friendly wager.
Bertrand Mangeot, Saint George's general manager (and all around 'fun guy'), has challenged the director of hotel operations David von Winckler and his team at Sir Francis Drake, general manager Emily Glick and her team at Hotel Tomo, and Nick Gregory, senior VP of operations at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, to the following —
When the Raptors hold the championship trophy for the first time, they must do the following:
1) Serve Ontario wine at their evening wine hour (a Kimpton signature amenity)
2) In addition to the wine, provide guests with Maple cookies/treats
3) Finally, all of this must be done in Raptors gear
And, a special challenge for Nick Gregory, who has to wear an inflatable T-Rex costume, the mascot of the Raptors.
Nick Gregory’s response challenge with the Warriors being victorious:
1) Serve the “Cable Car” featured in Harry Denton’s Starlight Room during evening wine hour for the balance of June, assuming series only goes 4 games.
2) Front of house hotel team and managers wear The Town shirts the first Saturday after the win.
3) Toronto GM prominently showcases (on his desk) and uses daily a Golden State Warriors coffee mug.