ST. JOHN'S—In true SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts tradition, the company officially launched its Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott St. John's, NL by planting a tree on the site earlier this month.
Pictured above at the launch, starting from left, are:
- Minister of tourism, recreation and culture for NL Terry French;
- Cyril Russell, general manager of Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland;
- Seamus O'Regan, special guest;
- Steve Giblin, president & CEO of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts;
- Scott Allison, vice president Canadian operations of Marriott Hotels & Resorts; and
- St John's Mayor Dennis O' Keefe (and his granddaughter, Kate).
The official launch followed the hotel's soft opening on May 7. Situated between the St. John's Airport and the downtown core, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott is also close to business parks, Memorial University and the province's largest shopping mall.
The 148-room property located at 199 Kenmount Rd., offers spacious guest rooms and suites equipped with microwaves and refrigerators, free WiFi and in-room high-speed internet access, enhanced work desks, ergonomically designed chairs, luxury bedding and complimentary hot breakfast. Guests will also enjoy five distraction-free meeting rooms and can unwind in the exercise room and pool, complete with a water slide.