As Amazon Echos make their way into hotel rooms, how can hoteliers make sure this new convenience for guests doesn’t burden staff behind the scenes?
Thanks to the new partnership between Amazon Alexa powered by Volara and ALICE, a leading hospitality industry operations platform, when the guest gives an “Alexa” voice command, the guest’s request syncs with the ALICE task management platform for staff, making it easy for hotel staff to track and complete. Your guests’ commands can be simple, like asking for the WiFi password, or more complex, like asking for someone to bring fresh towels to your room. All commands can be configured to your hotel’s brand, ensuring guest satisfaction and enhanced staff operations.
The result is guests that feel at home, and staff that aren’t overwhelmed by yet another communication channel with guests.
Guests can use the power of their voice to order hotel service directly from their room without lifting a finger.
- Request an item: “Alexa, bring a Snuggie up to my hotel room.”
- Schedule a service: “Alexa, ask the hotel to schedule turndown service for 5PM.”
- Check on the Status of a Request: “Alexa, when will that coffee arrive in my hotel room.”
Guest requests, simply spoken in the hotel room, are now seamlessly routed through ALICE to the appropriate member of staff for completion, thanks to the the partnership between ALICE, the hospitality industry’s leading operations platform, and Volara, the hospitality industry’s premier voice-based engagement software.
In a recent report, 73 per cent of travellers noted they want in-room voice controls when they stay at hotels.
Click here for a video showcasing how the integration works.
“When you look at trends in our industry, voice is clearly the future for how hotels will communicate with their guests,” says ALICE’s co-founder and president Alex Shashou. “As the the only hotel technology with the Alexa for Business Service Delivery Designation from Amazon, Volara’s focus on innovation and dedication to elevate the guest experience aligns with ALICE’s values. Volara’s voice-interface for ALICE will enable new efficiencies in guest service, reduce the friction guests face getting what they need in hotels, and simply put a smile on everyone’s face.”
“ALICE has been disrupting the hotel industry with its fresh, open, and collaborative approach. Volara’s mission to create a more engaging, frictionless, and seamless experience for hotel guests and staff aligns well with that of ALICE.” said David Berger, CEO of Volara. “Hotels that use ALICE to streamline their operations will now see immediate measurable benefits from the addition of this new voice interface for their technology.”
The benefits of the ALICE and Volara integration include:
- Decreased friction – The Amazon Echo is a hands-free speaker controlled by a human’s voice, meaning guests no longer need to pick up the phone or wait on hold to get the service they want.
- Increased efficiency – Volara’s software runs atop of the Amazon Echo and integrates with your ALICE operations platform. Guest requests are routed immediately from the guest’s voice to the appropriate member of your staff, with no manual entry.
- An enhanced guest experience – With ALICE and Volara, you can measurably reduce the wait time for guests to receive amenities and hotel information – even enabling them to check on the status of their request by voice -, resulting in happier guests.
As voice-enabled technology grows in popularity, your guests will soon expect your hotel services to be voice-enabled. The ALICE and Volara partnership provides a natural, interactive, and easy-to-use medium for guests to communicate with their hotels, and a seamless way for staff to manage and fulfill those voice requests.